After a long summer of non-stop work on the farm, we returned to class with the hope of a less stressful school year. This is of course not true. I don't work on a farm. I know, I live in Indiana, and that's all we have. Well, aside from fat people.
The first day is always the most retarded. I always get the impression that teachers show up just like we do, as in, having prepared nothing except a rules sheet which can just be printed out and photocopied in the morning. Then they sort of preach away for thirty minutes about stuff that we should already know, and that we've gone over every day since kindergarten. After that we chat with people we know, or sit in an awkward silence.
Seriously, do they really need to remind us to have pencils in class? When I think school, that's usually one of the things that I think to bring. We write sometimes, and it seems like a good thing to have. How can you not have a pencil? And if you don't have a pencil, why do you have to ask the teacher for one? Can't you just ask the person next to you for a pencil? It's not really that hard. Here, I'll simulate a conversation on asking for a pencil.
You: Do you have a pencil?
Me: No, but I have a sharpie.
You: Oh.
Then you ask someone else. It's not rocket science. It's just regular science. And that's my favorite kind of science. Because it's easy.
I guess I have a problem with people telling me what to do when I already know what they're going to tell me. I also hate it when teachers try and scare me by telling me there class is really hard and we have lots of homework. Alright, we get it. You are the most powerful teacher, and you can make or break our grade. Woohoo. Congratulations. Way to let the power go to your head. Well, let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Scott Doebler. I tear things new ones, so if this class is as hard as you say, then prepare to be torn because I don't like teachers that can't teach their class.
As for teachers that require you to have a binder, I am officially putting you ON NOTICE. I warned you before, and I've had enough of your foolish, stubborn ways. Forcing me to organize your way is like teaching me to drink cheese wiz your way. To be more clear, I don't need to drink cheese wiz, and I certainly don't need you to tell me to put all my tests in one section and all my homework in another and all my worksheets that have holes in the rings while the papers that don't have holes go in the pocket unless of course it is indicated in the upper right hand corner as a paper that is put into the three rings via me having to punch it myself denoted with a ~.
I like being able to put my papers in a folder and having them in reverse chronological order. That way, I know exactly where my homework is at all time: on top. If I open my organizational device and I don't see my homework right there, my heart does a little dance. I don't like that dance either. It kind of feels like the Mochorina.
Featured site: Hidden Pool Joke

5 comments:
i love the featured site, that is funny stuff. about ur post, im in complete agreement.
Scott, you are amazingly awesome.
School can go die. Actually I'm forcing it to organize itself my way. Which is the way by which it stops living.
That hidden pool pwns
The site is great. I want one.
Post a Comment