I've been noticing this a lot lately. People say something to the effect of: "My sister took my digital camera and used it, and it made me so mad I wanted to kill her!" Whoa, let's all just step back a minute and look at this logically. Think about what you're really saying when someone says that. "I would be willing to kill my sister just because she took a few pictures on my camera." Now, people who know me know that I'm no fan of overreactions, and this is exactly what you are saying you want to kill an immediate family member because she used your camera.
What if you actually did kill your sister just because she took pictures with your camera? You actually killed her. Can you imagine that? I'm just saying...maybe people should actually think about what they are saying when they decide to mention that.
I'm going to compose some poetry for you here in a minutes. I'd just like to say right off that bat that I tolerate poetry. I don't like. But I don't not like. But I have noticed that people have a tendency to put symbolism and themes where I don't think the author really intended them to be. So my first (in a multiple part series) look at poetry starts with an original poem by myself:
Find Meaning In This
by Scott Doebler
Cell phone tower in the breeze,
Brown and red pebbles
and gravy.
Roads converge and diverge and emerge.
Founding fathers are dead.
Phone numbers exchanged.
The monkeys climb the air raid siren towers.
Sexual harrassment
Anyone who can tell me what this is supposed to symbolize will receive immunity from my ON NOTICE List for life. Good luck.
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
playground!!!
-Rebekah
haha i love your comments in English class :)
i this its about the fact that poetry has no meaning and u wrote this poem to show its meaninglessness....
is that a word? it is now.
-molly
ummm.... i said i this is about... which clearly means i think its about in molly typo language
I think you just got bored and wrote some words down so you could laugh at everyone tryig to figure out a meaning.
There are roads by the cell phone tower. The roads are made of brown and red pebbles. Brown because you felt crappy, and red because you wanted to kill whoever would figure this thing out! (the gravy because it represents a combination of blood [with its fluidity] and the crappiness [with its brownness]) And then you were looking at a dollar bill and were wondering why we have dead people on our money. You plan on exchanging numbers with the monkeys you saw on the air raid towers so you can sexually harrass them. Although you have sexually predators.
I'm immune.
Does it somehow involve a drug overdose hallucination? Seems to me like a rather logical explanation.
-Jon
Cameron is my hero.
oh, and by "have" up there. I meant "Hate"
Post a Comment