I don't think I've ever had a class where I say so many times: "Okay?....what's the point of that?" Right now, we're learning about vectors. I'm pretty sure that someone just made these lines up just so we could spend two days learning how to measure them.
And that's what I don't like about geometry. There's no point. If someone tells you there is a point to geometry, you ask them what it is because I believe that they are probably bluffing. There just isn't a real life application for most of the junk we do in math. That's why if I became a professional standards dude, I would require a class called Real Life Applications 101 (got to have numbers in a math class‘s name). This class would teach five things: adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and interest rates. That's it. That's all the math you are ever going to do in your life unless you go into some strange job.
I was thinking about eggs last night, and right off the bat, I would just like to say that eggs are crazy delicious. But I have some problems with them. I don't like how shottily they're made. If you drop them three feet, they break and make a huge mess. Someone needs to make the shells of eggs harder. Maybe dip them in molten plastic and then put it in the carton?
Let's clear this question about eggs up right now: What came first: the chicken or the egg? I'm going with the egg. I don't have a reason for that statement, but I have a fifty-fifty chance of getting it right, so I'm going with the egg because I like eggs. So next time someone asks you that question, you say the egg and when they ask you why, you say because Scott Doebler said so.
Also, whoever said "don't put all your eggs in one basket" was retarded. Putting all your eggs in a basket is a great idea. Well first off, I have to ask, who puts eggs in a basket? There's the problem right there. Okay, the Easter Bunny uses a basket, but if you scroll down, you'll see what happened to the Easter Bunny. Sorry, boys and girls, the Easter Bunny got hit by a car. But don't be sad, boys and girls, because now there is no disease carrying rodent breaking into your house in the dead of night and giving you contaminated candy.
Anyway, so let's say you're out of egg cartons and you have to carry your eggs in a basket. Why would you put your eggs in two baskets when you can be far more efficient and put them in one. Also, if you put all your eggs in two baskets, you double the chances that you will drop the basket. That's just math people. That’s some real life applications right there.
Monday, May 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
actually it's math that if you put them all in one basket and you happen to drop that one, then they're all gone! But if you drop one of two baskets you have, then you still have half your eggs. yum yum yum
at the bottom of this blog comment box it says to "Choose an identity" and i actually thought it was giving me choices for a name and then i realized that its the same thing thats always there. its very decieving.
Post a Comment