Monday, March 20, 2006

People Who Expect You To Do Something Without Telling You To Do It and Sports That Should Not Be Televised

If someone explains something to me, I will usually understand it. If someone tells me to do something, I will usually do it. That's how it works. I hate it, however, when people expect me to do something without telling me to do it. If you want me to sweep the floor, tell me to sweep the floor. If you fail to tell me to sweep the floor, do not expect to find the floor swept when you get home from work. It's that simple.

I guess the term for doing something without being told is initiative. I don't have any initiative because I am lazy. I am tired, and I have other things I would rather do with my time. Not necessarily better things to do, but other things none the less. I just get by in this life unlike some people who feel the need to do stuff above and beyond what was required. That is not fair, and they make all the normal people look like jerks for not going a step beyond what was required. If we are supposed to go beyond, the people would have made that the required. I think we should round all the people up who have initiative and put them in a city, and we will call that city Jerkcity in honor of all the people who have made normal people look like retards. And then maybe we should forget to send that city food, and then when they complain we ask: Where's your initiative now?

I've also been enjoying the NCAA tournament this weekend, and I must say, I like always having something to watch on TV. When it was over I felt so lost because there was nothing else to watch, so I started flipping through the channels to find something to numb my brain. Ever notice how we continue to look for something on TV even though there is nothing on? It's like 11:00 at night and I'm sitting in a puddle of my own drool and I should go to sleep but I won't because I'm still looking for something to watch.

Anyway, there are certain sports on TV that should not be shown. Those sports are:
1. Golf
2. NASCAR
3. Rodeo
4. Bowling
5. Cheerleading
6. Dog Shows
7. Equestrian
8. Softball
9. Pool
10. Poker
11. Boxing
12. Curling
13. Horse racing, camel racing, turtle racing, sparrow racing, pencil sharpening racing
14. Fishing
15. Cricket
16. Basically any type of racing
17. Soccer

And while we are on the subject of TV, is it just me or is the TV Guide Channel doing way too much TVing and not nearly enough guiding?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watch poker and soccer frequently...and have watched boxing before too...

Cameron Hilker said...

Soccer is interesting to watch, if I were to watch sports on TV, but I agree with all the other nominations for de-televization.

Anonymous said...

w00t, SEAN RULES!

Anonymous said...

yea, my mom always complains that no one else ever makes dinner... because im home from school earlier than her so i should make dinner? whatever... so today i had dinner planned and was about to start making it when my mom got home and was like, we arent eating that for dinner!!! You cant make dinner! rawr!

-uhhhhh molly

Anonymous said...

yea, my mom always complains that no one else ever makes dinner... because im home from school earlier than her so i should make dinner? whatever... so today i had dinner planned and was about to start making it when my mom got home and was like, we arent eating that for dinner!!! You cant make dinner! rawr!

-uhhhhh molly

Anonymous said...

Ya go ahead and make fun of Carley and her Nascar. MEH

Cameron Hilker said...

:)