Friday, April 21, 2006

People Who Are Different and Don't Care and Cheating

The Engerers are in April Antics. They steal the show. Well...I mean they wrestle it away from people whose acts are ridiculously awesome and in so doing take away the show. Their shrill voices and unique whit, which is in itself is a cross between awkward silence, original sentences, and unusual hand gestures.

But you have to hand it to them. They sure try hard....and often. They give it their all no matter how unbearably, ungodly suicide inducing it is. You know what it takes? You know what it takes to do something even though everyone wants you to stop? You know what it takes to be different? It takes balls. Big balls. That's all there is to it. That's why I have tremendous respect for those who are different in their own special way. They don't care what anyone else thinks. They suck up to teachers, they wear weird clothes, they sing opera at lunch, they talk about video games twenty four seven. If I had balls like that, I'd be a proud, proud man.

The other thing I was thinking about was cheating. There was this robot tank in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords, and it was just impossible. So I decided I would do something I hadn't done in ages, and go and get a cheat code off the internet. I must say, being invincible makes it a hell of a lot easier to not die. But I was thinking, what if real life had cheat codes? I don't know about you, but I would use a lot like: the one that gives you a million dollars every time you hit enter and the one that makes it so you can't die and the one that gives you infinite ammo. Oh that'd be so sweet! I'd pwn n00bs left and right (video game talk, again, being different).

But I disagree with a lot of the things deemed cheating. In my opinion, you should be allowed to use whatever resources are available to you. For instance, the answers in the back of the math book, they gave them to us, so it's not cheating to use them. If it were cheating, they wouldn't put them in there. The point is, I will do whatever I have to do to get ahead. And if that means using all my resources, then so be it. After all, someone had to spend the time to type all those answers. I think someone once said, “All is fair in love, war, video games, and homework,” or at least something like that.

Cheating, after all, is a lot easier. Whoever said "something easy isn't worth anything" was a douche bag. Something easy is worth millions, and it doesn‘t even have to be good. McDonald's is pretty terrible, but it still incredibly successful. They invented the chicken nuggets. Where would we be without the chicken nugget? We'd be in China that's where.

5 comments:

Cameron Hilker said...

YAY Gamerspeak! (a.k.a. 1337, which is pronounced Leet, which is short for elite.[it's also the year the 100-years' war started])

Are they really that bad? I didn't go, and am going to miss it tomorrow to. :(

Anonymous said...

Yeah, their voices are...different. I seriously couldn't keep a straight face when they came on. It was sad.

1 c4n 5p34k 1337, 700. Werd.

Cameron Hilker said...

hah

Anonymous said...

I think all that needs to be said has been said in the comment column already, so i will award you with a trophy, a pshcological trophy, enjoy.

Cameron Hilker said...

chicken nuggets aren't good