Thursday, January 19, 2006

Ideas for the People Who Make Finals and Popsicles

I've been doing a lot go thinking lately. And I was think about how stupid the finals' schedule is. I don't understand why the day with the most finals doesn't have a half day in front of it. Whoever made the finals schedule needs to reevaluate what they are trying to accomplish. Are they trying to just make it so we fail the final or are they trying to see what we actually learned. So I have a couple ideas for them:

1. The most important day to have a half day, assuming that the schedule isn't going to change, is Wednesday. Three finals are hard to study for, let alone doing it in half the time you would "hypothetically" get with a half day, even though most people go out for lunch and hang out with their friends instead. There needs to be three half days this week. Now, if that means getting rid of that random half day that is on a Thursday, but you still have school on Friday, so be it, because that is just retarded.

2. I think the idea of letting us out of school at 10:30 or whatever time we get out is absurd. Why do they not just start school an hour later? Then we would get an extra hour of sleep and still get out at the usual half day time. It makes so much sense that I'm surprised no one has ever discovered this little idea before.

Now that I have resolved the finals’ issue I would like to discuss another idea I had. I was eating a popsicle the other day, and I thought to myself, "Self, why can't I bite all the way through this popsicle? I get about halfway through, and then I hit something hard." Then I realize that there is this wooden stick on the inside of my popsicle. So if you are a popsicle maker listen up.

Instead of putting a wooden stick with a “joke” on it in the middle of the popsicle (or as I like to call it, an anti-joke because they are just not funny), why don't you put something edible in the middle? Perhaps some sort of candy or other sugar byproduct. I think that would make eating a popsicle far more enjoyable. And then, you don't have to drop the stick on the ground when you are done; thus, preventing littering and saving the environment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

but the jokes are the best part of the popsicle!

-molly

Cameron Hilker said...

the jokes are worst part of the popsicle--there's no sugar in it.
-cam

Anonymous said...

yum popsicles...red ist he best. And I was contemplating the same thing about finals myself.. Oh, so they want to extend our school year 20 days. That's like half of our summer, so we would then have the longest school year in the country. Which (obviously not going to school) idiot came up with this idea?

Anonymous said...

I have found one problem with the goin to school one hour later. the bus schedule, which can probably be fixed, but they wont try to put that much effort into it.
Popsicle idea is just genious.