The King of Hearts dance has come and gone. And I was thinking about how horrible dances are. Seriously, they are just a detestable pile of filth. Think about it. First off, there are so many things that can make you feel bad. If you don't get asked, you feel bad. If a girl you like goes with someone else, you feel bad. If you take a girl and she ignores you the whole night, you feel bad. If you ask someone to dance, and they blatantly refuse because they say it is "awkward", you feel bad. If your date gets her ear cut off while getting her hair done, you feel bad. If your date breaks her ankle because she is wearing those stupid high heels, you feel bad. It's just a disaster waiting to happen.
The other thing about dances is you have to dance. I can't dance. Well, it's not that I can't, it's just that I've never tried, thus, can't. The guys are supposed to be the leaders while dancing. What the hell? Who’s idea was that? Someone did not think that one through. There are some males that can dance, I‘ll give you that, but there aren't that many. And I'm not one. It seems to me it would be much more logical to let the girl be the leader, since they feel perfectly natural dancing and a much higher percentage of them know how to dance. They need to play more slow songs because that is a lot easier to do. Anyone can slow dance, so why don't they play more slow songs?
Dances are just an excuse for teenagers to get drunk and have sex. That's what we were all thinking, and I'm just putting it out there. Any adult who does not believe this fact is either naive or retarded, and yet, they still allow it to occur. At VHS, they hyped the use of the breathalyzer on anyone they suspected of being drunk. Newsflash: It isn't the dance the people get drunk. It's the after party. That's where most people do their drinking and sex-ing. And yet, despite the fact that I hate dances, I've taken part in them, and I probably will again. Sad but true.
Which leads me to, why would anyone bring drugs or alcohol to school? I've heard quite a lot about this recently. Do these people not think at all? Are people so addicted to this stuff that they can't wait the extra ten minutes for the drive home to light up or inject? That makes absolutely no sense to me.
And I love the excuse when the police find drugs in a person's car, and the person is like: That's not mine.
Police: Well, whose would it be then?
Drugy: I don't know.
Police: How did it get in your car?
Drugy: Somebody put it in there.
Police: The doors were locked.
Drugy: Yeah, your point?
Sunday, February 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I am going to have to say you are wrong about pretty much everything you said about dances. There are some of us who come to dances to do just that-dance. I <3 them and I will continue to love them.
Hahah awesome. I'm so glad I didn't go. Tim told me about these ugly broads he kept seeing, and as if that wasn't bad enough, all 5 girls were dancing together for every song. Even the slow ones.
Carolyn,
If by wrong you mean right then yes he is wrong.
Sean
Hah, well they definitely need to play more slow songs, cause I only danced like 5 times in 3 hours. How ridiculous is that? The other dancing is just a bunch of people mating on the dance floor. That's disgusting and worthless.
YUCK
-Cam
Dances come ups and downs, you can be hurt or have a good time. Scott is right about the possibilities of feeling badly being very high, but you can approach the idea of a dance in two ways. You can go with someone and hope that you don't end up feeling badly, or you can go with some friends knowing that you are not there for romance but rather to have a awesome evening letting loose and enjoying yourself. I personally would go for the second one, though I would never go to King of Hearts that way, only home coming.
Also, an idea on dancing, it is an expression of character and humor. For those who have difficulty dancing I suggest dancing alone in the dark at first. That is what has aloud me to brake out of my shell.
Ok Sean, you are now also wrong. And they didn't end in a slow song what is that? What dance doesn't end in a slow song, it was weird.
Ok Carolyn, no.
Post a Comment